::R4072 : page 303::
OUR NEW WATCH TOWER BIBLES
SOME months ago we gave notice of the preparation of a new Bible which possesses various features of special interest to WATCH TOWER readers. The edition is ready for delivery and orders may now be sent to our office. Some features have been added since we first announced, so we will describe the book afresh.
(1) This is the Common Version Bible, but printed on India paper; it is very light in weight. (2) It is small—less than 1 in. thick, 4-3/4 in. wide, 7 in. long, convenient for an overcoat pocket. (3) The type is quite large for so small a book—the same used in books three times its bulk and four times its weight, namely Minion type. (See illustration of types in our issue of Dec. 1, 1906.)
The above features commend the book to every Bible user, but now we come to our special features. (4) It contains 220 pages of brief DAWN-STUDIES COMMENTS from Genesis to Revelation, with references to the DAWN volumes treating the subjects more fully. This was the work of our dear Brother C. J. Woodworth, and cost him six months’ time, seven hours per day. He declares it to have been the most enjoyable and most profitable work he ever did. He began the matter for his own use and subsequently called it to our attention as an arrangement of incalculable value to all the dear Brethren—enabling all to accomplish two or three times the amount of studying in their study hours and with better success. We are sure that all the dear Brethren will thank the Lord for this labor of love and in their hearts thank Brother Woodworth also.
AN EPITOME OF THE FAITH ONCE DELIVERED UNTO THE SAINTS
(5) The above is the title of the second section of these Helps. It was prepared for our use by our dear Sister G. W. Seibert, and will surely be much appreciated by us all. Again we render thanks to our Lord and to the Sister who has thus been used as his servant. This will be found very helpful to all who attempt to explain the divine plan to others. It cites not only the Scriptures, quoting them in part, but it refers to DAWNS and TOWERS, etc., in which these subjects are treated. Many quite familiar with the Truth are unable to locate the desired passages and this will aid them. By its aid every WATCH TOWER reader will become, we trust, an “able minister” of the Truth, capable of vanquishing any opponent. We trust, however, that all will remember our Captain’s command that we “speak the truth in love,” and again, “that nothing be done through strife or vainglory.”
BEREAN TOPICAL INDEX
(6) This feature of these Helps, also prepared by Sister Seibert, is a revision merely of a similar index which appeared in our previous “Watch Tower Bible” (too bulky for carrying). This Index will be found very helpful as it gives both TOWER and DAWN references on subjects of special interest to us all.
DIFFICULT TEXTS AND SPURIOUS PASSAGES
(7) This section of our Helps will commend itself to all Bible students immediately. Coming across an obscure or difficult passage this will direct you at once to the exposition of same in DAWNS or TOWERS. The spurious passages found in our common version Bible, but not found in the original Greek MSS., are all shown. These valuable arrangements are also the work of Brother Woodworth, as well as
(8) AN INDEX TO SCRIPTURES TREATED AT CONSIDERABLE LENGTH IN ZION’S WATCH TOWER.
A SPIRITUAL ARSENAL
(9) The having of these helps all together and under one cover with the Bible and of convenient size for carrying to meetings, will be apparent to all at a glance. We will all soon feel, no doubt, that we shall want this spiritual arsenal always at hand wherever we go. Let us never forget, however, that the Truth without its spirit of love would be vain.
ABOUT BINDINGS AND PRICES
The Bibles and Helps will be all exactly alike except the bindings, which are of three grades. The best is the cheapest really, but knowing that many of our readers are far from rich we have done our best to serve them all. All such Bibles are stamped so as to look much alike whether made of split sheepskin, split cowhide, goatskin, or genuine sealskin. The latter is the best book-leather in the world. We selected it for our best edition. The cowhide is the best of the cheap leathers and is styled “French Seal”; we chose it for our cheaper editions. The below prices are actual cost. No discount to anybody nor on any quantity:
No. W. 138—French Seal (cowhide), divinity circuit, red under gold edges…………………. $1.38
No. W. 150—French Seal (cowhide), linen lined, divinity circuit, red under gold edges……. 1.50
No. W. 300—Genuine Sealskin, calf lined, divinity circuit, red under gold edges…………….. 3.00
Any of the above with patent index on edge, 25c extra, but this is not recommended. Postage, 10c. each. Order by number.
— October 1, 1907 —